This Father’s Day, I took my father down to Austin, Texas to spend time with our family and to take a much needed vacation. Like last time, I had a blast but this time, we were able to see even more of the Live Music Capital of the World! If you’re looking for an ideal vacation spot this summer, look no further than Austin! Here are some of my favorite spots that I’ve seen and visited during my trip:
- Esther’s Follies, a hysterical modern-day vaudeville revue featuring amazing magic, music and sketches.
- The Escape Game, an innovative game center where the guests are given an hour to solve a series of puzzles (my group solved our game with 7 minutes to spare).
- Through AO Tours, we saw many ravishing sights and landmarks, like Zilker Park, Graffiti Park, the Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve, Clarksville, the Alamo Drafthouse, the Contemporary Austin, and even Britannia Manor.
- Plenty of delicious food from a variety of places such as Bacon, Gordough’s, and Jack Allen’s Kitchen.
- I finally saw the famed bats of Austin:
Lastly, my favorite thing about Austin was the friendly demeanor that exudes from its residents and its locations! My father and I enjoyed our vacation and we hope to come back again soon!