My Bizarre Adventures
Tag Archives: Family
February 28, 2017Posted by on
With Black History Month drawing to a close, I wanted to share this moving lecture from one of my favorite black novelists, Walter Mosley.
June 20, 2016Posted by on
This Father’s Day, I took my father down to Austin, Texas to spend time with our family and to take a much needed vacation. Like last time, I had a blast but this time, we were able to see even more of the Live Music Capital of the World! If you’re looking for an ideal vacation spot this summer, look no further than Austin! Here are some of my favorite spots that I’ve seen and visited during my trip:
- Esther’s Follies, a hysterical modern-day vaudeville revue featuring amazing magic, music and sketches.
- The Escape Game, an innovative game center where the guests are given an hour to solve a series of puzzles (my group solved our game with 7 minutes to spare).
- Through AO Tours, we saw many ravishing sights and landmarks, like Zilker Park, Graffiti Park, the Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve, Clarksville, the Alamo Drafthouse, the Contemporary Austin, and even Britannia Manor.
- Plenty of delicious food from a variety of places such as Bacon, Gordough’s, and Jack Allen’s Kitchen.
- I finally saw the famed bats of Austin:
Lastly, my favorite thing about Austin was the friendly demeanor that exudes from its residents and its locations! My father and I enjoyed our vacation and we hope to come back again soon!
May 8, 2016Posted by on
From the 1984 Mr. T special, Be Somebody… or Be Somebody’s Fool, here’s Treat Your Mother Right!
Happy Mother’s Day!
December 7, 2015Posted by on
Over the weekend, I visited Austin, Texas to visit my hardworking and kind older brother Sean, his lovely wife Dana, and their 4 adorable dogs (from left, Tut, Osiris, Sheba and Farouk)!
The highlights of my trip include:
- Attending a series of high school basketball games that Sean helped to officiate. The games themselves were pretty decent although a few great players stood out.
- Driving down South Congress and visiting various scenic spots like the Congress Avenue Bridge, the SFANTHOR House of Wax, Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds, and its various food trucks and restaurants.
- Viewing the long, beautiful stretches of farmland that surround the city and its neighboring suburbs like Round Rock, Buda, Kyle and Pflugerville (where Sean lives).
Overall, my trip was very relaxing, I want to thank Sean and Dana for inviting me to their stunning home and I hope to come to Austin again one of these days.
August 28, 2015Posted by on
I’ve got a pretty cool family to say the least! For instance, my older brother Ken is a bit of an entertainment jack-of-all-trades. Music, video, photography…you name it, he can do it! Here’s my brother’s rap show from March 12th of this year. This is one of my favorite performances I’ve seen from him (and I ain’t just saying that ‘cuz we’re blood). If you dig this, then check out more of his outstanding work at his site and don’t miss his upcoming show on August 30th!